The CED in an effort to facilitate Importers, Exporters, interested parties and/or their representatives, introduces an enhanced procedure for refund of duty in accordance with Section 89 of the Customs Act.
Request for duty refunds shall be presented to the Comptroller of Customs through a written application on the prescribed form.
In an effort to speed up the processing of refunds users are advised that refund application forms should be accompanied by:
- A Copy of the first page of the Declaration incurring the refund
- A Copy of the Assessment Notice
- A Copy of all Receipts
- ALL FIELDS on the refund application form must be completed
- Payee on the Refund Application must be the same as the Consignee/Importer on the declaration
- Payee Account details must be included and accurate